Green tea has a long history of healthful benefits and its qualities are significantly more effective than black tea. Both teas come from the carnellia sinensis plant but green tea leaves are steamed rather than fermented like black and oolong teas. This prevents a powerful anti-oxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), from being oxidized and therefore diminished.
Most of us have heard of the positive effects red wine can have on a fatty diet and its healthful benefits on heart disease. High amounts of catechins polyphenols, particularly EGCG, are present in green tea. And EGCG has twice as much resveratrol as red wine, making it a powerful weapon towards lowering cholesterol, inhibiting blood clots and negating the effects of a fatty diet.
EGCG is also used to treat diabetes and is reported to have glucose-lowering effects. In addition glucose can cause a person to feel hunger and by controlling insulin levels, you control appetite. Try drinking a mug of green tea at the first hunger pain and you are well on your way to managing your appetite.
Thermogenesis literally means heat generation. Green tea increases thermogenesis in the body, becoming a potent appetite suppressant and increasing fat oxidation, helping the body to use fat as an energy source. This means the body is preferentially burning fat over protein.
Green tea also raises the body’s metabolism, increasing the rate at which calories are burned. In a recent study, the combination of green tea and caffeine burned more calories than those given a placebo.
Add to its thermogenesis benefits, green tea also has energy-boosting properties, which makes it a perfect breakfast tea or mid-afternoon pick me up.
Other Healthful Benefits
There are many other conditions in which green tea is reputed to be helpful:
Killing cancer cells, while leaving healthy cells untouched
Treating Rheumatoid arthritis
Lowering LDL cholesterol
Preventing thrombosis which causes heart attacks and strokes
Addressing cardiovascular disease by inhibiting abnormal formation of blood clots
Improving impaired immune function
Stopping certain neurodegenerative diseases (such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s)
Treating multiple sclerosis
Preventing tooth decay by killing the bacteria that causes dental plaque
When you compare the heath benefits of green tea with the harmful effects of regular and diet soda, coffee and other damaging drinks, it is easy to see why green tea has a long and successful history of benefiting the drinker.
Adding Green Tea to Your Diet
Green tea has become so popular that it can be found in mainstream grocery stores as well as gas stations and convenience stores. There are many flavors and varieties of green teas so you will be sure to find a combination of flavors you’ll enjoy.
Consider also adding green tea water to some cooked foods. Adding tea to a pot of boiling pasta will affect the flavor in a fresh new way. Toss that same pasta with pine nuts, pesto and a dash of olive oil and you have a healthful dish with many antioxidant properties. Challenge yourself to find new and exciting ways to add green tea to your diet.
Worst Drinks that We Think are Healthy!! Alternative Health Tips, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Worst Drinks that Claim to be Healthy & Alternative Health Tips, Nutrition, Weight Loss, What to Drink!
♥ Start Your Two Week Free Trail
♥ Help Support This Channel
♥ Subscribe To Our Podcast
Worst Drinks that Claim to be Healthy & Alternative Health Tips, #Nutrition #WeightLoss, What to Drink!
Corrina reveals the worst drinks that claim to be healthy or that people think are healthy, she also offers healthy alternative drinks!
Featuring Corrina Rachel
Follow our Social Media
Toxic Flame Retardant in Mountain Dew? BVO Brominated Vegetable Oil Psychetruth Nutrition
How Fast Food is Designed For Addiction & Obesity, Psychetruth Nutrition, Corrina
How to Snack for Weight Loss, Healthy Snacking Tips & Foods, 3 or 6 Meals? Virtual Health Coach
How to Lose or Gain Weight, Blood Sugar Tips, Psychetruth Weight Loss & Nutrition Information
What to EAT! Basic Nutrition, Weight Loss, Healthy Diet, Best Foods Tips | Virtual Health Coach
What Not to Eat, Bad Food & Healthy Alternative Foods | PsycheTruth Weight Loss & Nutrition
Easiest Diet & Weight Loss EVER! Lose Weight Healthy Dieting Tips | Psychetruth Nutrition Info
How to Beat Sugar & Fast Food Craving & Lose Weight | Psychetruth Health, Diet & Nutrition Info
What Are Whole Foods vs Processed Foods, Nutrition, Wellness, Weight Loss
Top Ten Obesity Causing Foods! Worst Fattening Foods NOT to Eat | Weight Loss, Healthy Diet Tips
10 Easy Ways to Get Healthy for Beginners, Where to Start? Nutrition Tips | Health Coach
Are Food Chemicals Killing You? Natural Diet, Psychetruth Nutrition, Corrina
Control Hunger & Lose Weight | Easy Food Tips, How to, Empty Calories | Psychetruth Diet Info
Psychetruth Ultimate Corrina Playlist
Music by Jimmy Gelhaar
© Copyright 2013 Target Public Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Worst Drinks that Claim to be Healthy Alternative Health Tips Nutrition Weight Loss Weight Loss Diets How to Health Coach Healthy Diet easy diet tips nutrition info Nutrition Info What to eat what is healthy weight loss psychetruth Corrina Corrina Rachel wellness fitness how to how to lose weight truth the truth truth about easy diet tea water coconut water powerade #Psychetruth
Green tea for weight loss | Benefits of green tea
How to use Green Tea for Weight Loss: 5 Scientific Benefits
To support our channel and level up your health, check out:
Our Fast Weight Loss Course:
Our Better Health Basics Course:
Today, on the health nerd, we are going to talk about using green tea to lose weight and how to make the best cup of weight loss green tea possible.
Finally, we will talk about a relatively new kind of green tea that’s 3x as effective as regular.
Don’t miss it.
As always, let’s start with the science of how green tea helps you lose weight.
Here are 5 proven weight loss benefits of drinking green tea daily
1. You’ll burn more fat during exercise
There have been quite a few studies showing green tea as a great fat burner for workouts.
In one particular study, participants burned 17% more fat than those taking a placebo.
As stated in our last video, drinking coffee or green tea 30 min pre-workout is ideal for fat burning potential.
2. Green tea contains EGCG and tons of antioxidants
Where green tea really stands out from other drinks is its high level of antioxidants and catechins.
Specifically, one known as EGCG.
This substances has been shown to improve calories burned during the day and are excellent for one’s overall health.
3. Green tea mobilizes fat by improving hormonal levels
EGCG has also been shown to increase levels on noepinephrine.
This hormone is used to signal to fat cells telling them that it’s time to be broken down and used as energy.
This process helps to mobilize fat faster off the body and retain more lean muscle tissue.
4. Green tea helps you lose dangerous visceral fat
Visceral fat also commonly recognized as abdominal fat, is very dangerous and correlated highly with different diseases and even early death.
Green tea has been not only shown to help people lose weight, but lose a little bit more of it around the stomach region.
5. Green tea gives a metabolic boost both short and long term
The combination of EGCG and caffeine seems to have both short term and long term metabolic effects.
In one study of 60 obese individuals, the group taking green tea extract lost 7.3 lbs more pounds and burned 183 more calories per day after 3 months (17).
There are also some other non weight loss benefits of green tea.
It lowers the risk of certain diseases
It lowers the risk of certain cancers. For instance, women who drink green tea are 22% less likely to develop breast cancer.
It may help you live longer. It’s usually a regularly consumed drink by the worlds longest living sub groups of people.
There are 3 Main Ways to consume green tea to lose weight (#3 being the best)
#1. Green tea extract.
This just the herbal derivative from green tea leaves.
The positives of this method seem to be that you get around 25%-50% more antioxidants from the extraction process.
Also, green tea extract commonly comes in pill form. So if you don’t like the taste of green tea or are on the go, it makes things easier.
The drawbacks here are that the body is more likely to absorb nutrients when they are consumed as a liquid vs a pill…
#2. Regular green tea steeped in cup.
To make, bring water to a hot temperature with a microwave or stove and add in a packet of green tea.
Let it sit for 1-3 minutes, stir and enjoy.
The positives of this method is it’s easy to drink AND adds to your daily water intake.
The drawbacks are it takes a little longer to make than taking a pill.
#3. By far the best kind of green tea is Matcha green tea.
Because Matcha tea is made through a special shading process in Japan giving it 3x the amount of EGCG and antioxidants as regular green tea.
It also has a really cool bright green color to it.
The only drawbacks are that it is a little more expensive and time consuming to make.
Since it does not come in a packet, you have to whisk the tea yourself, but with the right tools it’s not that time consuming.
Start by getting in a source of green tea 3x a day for best effects.
Great article on the subject:
14 Foods to Reduce Hunger and Lose Weight Faster
A lot of us dream of eating everything we want without gaining weight. That would be awesome! No more diets or strict meal plans. Or maybe you just can't have 3-5 meals a day because of your tight schedule? So, these 14 foods will help you not to overeat for sure!
Other videos you might like:
I Ate One Meal a Day For a Month, See What Happened to Me
12 Signs You're Eating Too Much Sugar
12 Nighttime Habits That Make You Fat
Popeye's favorite food 0:28
Naturally brewed coffee 1:11
How about making your food a bit spicy? 1:59
Mmm... Lentils! 2:48
Wanna lose weight? Consider oatmeal 3:19
One of the best natural fat burners 3:57
Lose weight with ginger! 4:43
Natural yogurt 5:16
The magic of Chia 5:52
Tying to control your appetite? Eat avocado! 6:28
Redfish... Yummy! 7:05
Get rid of belly fat 7:40
My personal favorite 8:54
- The thylakoids spinach is rich in suppress appetite by increasing the level of the hormone leptin. This hormone controls the sense of hunger by telling you when you're full.
- Coffee helps burn calories and break down fats. If you drink a cup of naturally brewed coffee 30 minutes to 4 hours before a meal, it helps to keep hunger at bay.
- Just 1 g of chili pepper added to your meal can reduce appetite and suppress feelings of hunger. It also speeds up your metabolism, which can help you lose weight.
- The most important thing about lentils is that they are a source of fiber and protein, which means that adding them to your diet will prevent you from snacking between meals.
- If you’re looking for a healthier meal to start your day with, consider oatmeal. It has a lot of fiber, which helps you avoid feeling hungry for a longer period of time.
- The caffeine and catechin in green tea decrease appetite and increase the fat-burning process by 4%.
- Ginger keeps you feel satiated longer. Eating ginger on a daily basis will help you get rid of those extra pounds more quickly.
- Just 2 tbsp of chia seeds contain around 5 g of fiber. This fiber absorbs a lot of water and expands in your stomach, increasing fullness and slowing the absorption of food.
- Avocado is not only rich in nutritious fatty acids but also has oleic acid, which provides a longer feeling of satiety.
- The combination of protein and fatty acids prolongs your feeling of fullness and puts an end to your cravings between meals.
- Coconut oil contains plenty of medium-chain fatty acids, which are digested differently by our body. They are metabolized into energy sooner, which allows fewer opportunities for creating fat stores.
- Dark chocolate will not only lower your desire to eat something sweet but also help control your appetite.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit:
Green Tea & Weight Loss - BeerBiceps Diet Advice
Lose weight with the help of SCIENCE :
Follow my personal fitness journey : instagram.com/beerbiceps/
When it comes to weight loss, green tea is NOT the ultimate solution. Weight loss like anything fitness related should be based on science. Unfortunately tea businesses market green tea as a weight loss drink. Now there is some truth to that. The EGCG present in green tea is definitely linked to some weight loss according to studies. But there's a much deeper science to that. Remember if weight loss were that simple, it would not be such a difficult game.
Green Tea for weight loss is a very complex topic. I honestly feel that to understand this green tea weight loss dynamic, you need to get into the deep science of it. Don't let the green tea weight loss bandwagon consume you that easily!
Besides weight loss, both green tea and black tea have a number of health benefits. And that should be the reason you consume them. Not simply as weight loss drinks. Watch to find out more!
BeerBiceps - YouTube's first India specific fitness and food channel
Fitness, food and fitness-food.
Like, comment, subscribe and share on facebook!
Lose Belly Fat In 3 Days With an Easy Egg Diet
How to get rid of belly fat fast and for good? There is an easy egg diet that will get you in shape in less than a week. Let's see how to reduce belly fat in just 3 days using eggs.
We have found a perfect way to become slimmer, more energetic, and overall healthier. No horrifying medical procedures or starving for days on end! Just one simple ingredient - and the process of weight loss will jump into action. You will see the result in no more than 3 days! Are you ready for the miracle?
5 shocking facts about obesity 0:28
What you shouldn't do if you want to lose weight 1:55
Avoid the following products to get rid of belly fat 3:43
Why an egg is such an incredible product 5:21
3-day egg diet 6:21
Health benefits of drinking green tea 8:00
Keep this way for 3 days and see what will happen! Share the results you have achieved in the comments below the video, but let's agree - no cheating while you are following this diet!
Music: The Process - Lakey Inspired is licensed under a Creative Commons license (
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam:
For more videos and articles visit:
10 Foods You Should Eat To Lose Weight
Eat these foods if you're trying to lose weight and get in shape. It’s never too late to start changing the way you eat and to get in shape. I’m not talking about subjecting yourself to fad diets/diet plan or anything that promises X results by X date, I mean filling your body with foods proven to increase your lifespan and the durability of your body and mind, and that will result in your losing weight. There are many good weight loss tips, but eating natural foods that aren’t processed beyond recognition is a good first step towards a healthier mind and body. It’s as simple as adding these to your diet: healthy fats, fiber and fruits, and vegetables.
You’re probably familiar with the concept of foods that are not only natural and healthy but that can also help you lose weight (if that’s what you’re in the mood for). It’s a simple concept, really: get rid of unhealthy sugar and add fruits like blueberries instead, switch up your breakfast to more wholesome carbs and fiber, and increase that legume intake.
But before you make any drastic changes to your lifestyle and diet, please consult a health professional first.
#LoseWeight #WeightLoss #HowToLoseWeight
Green tea 1:19
Miso Soup 4:30
Healthy Beans and Legumes 4:58
- This nearly-magical beverage is one of the healthiest things you can put in your body. It’s packed with antioxidants that can help you lose weight.
Research has shown that the active compounds in green tea can help mobilize fat from your cells. It works by boosting the effects of your fat burning hormones, according to Healthline.
- Natural yogurt contains probiotics that can improve the processes happening in your stomach. A healthy stomach can protect against leptin resistance, which is one of the hormonal reasons for obesity. According to a study published in Obesity Research in April 2004, people on reduced-calorie diets who consumed 400 to 500 milligrams of calcium per day from dairy products, getting 1,200 to 1,300 milligrams of calcium per day, increased weight loss by approximately 70 percent.
Make sure you choose full-fat, natural yogurt and not the low-fat or flavored kind. The latter type of yogurt is full of sugar and associated with diabetes and heart disease.
- Studies have shown that people who eat a regular oatmeal breakfast instead of cold cereal saw healthier levels of cholesterol and significant weight loss. Why? Because oatmeal provides enough fiber to keep you full and satisfied for an entire morning (or until lunchtime kicks in).
- What can’t an avocado do? With its incredible dose of healthy fats, it’s both a hunger killer and a belly fat destroyer. Studies have shown that avocados are good for your health and your weight. Avocado keep you satisfied for longer and fill you up with healthy, natural nutrients, nutrition. When you feed your body healthy fats, it’s more likely to release stored fats.
- Barley is a fiber-rich grain that hails from the Middle East, most commonly used for baking bread or as a rice substitute. Barley has the power to keep you full for longer, reducing your intake of food by quite a bit.
- Nuts like almonds used to be something to avoid because of the myth of the fatty acid, but studies now suggest that it’s one of the best weight loss stimulants out there. It contains good fats which, like we mentioned before, help the body in many ways (e.g. digestion, bowel movements, a feeling of being fuller for longer).
- Besides being delicious and a sweet treat, blueberries have tons of health benefits. For starters, they’re an antioxidant, and they contain vitamin C and vitamin E.
- This ancient Japanese soup is a mixture of broth and dissolved fermented bean paste with tofu, scallion, and kelp or seaweed. It’s tasty and very flavorful. The magic of miso soup is that per every bowl, there are only 25 calories and 2 grams of protein. On top of that, this soup contains B12 complex and protective fatty acids.
- Healthy Beans and Legumes can help you lose weight in a number of ways. They can curb your cravings for processed foods and unhealthy snacks and boost calorie and fat burning.
- Pickled cabbage, like any other fermented vegetable, contains an incredible amount of probiotics and prebiotics. These help keep your gut flora healthy. A balanced gut flora ensures a strong immune system. A healthy gut also protects against chronic inflammation of the stomach and insulin resistance.
Subscribe to Bestie :
Our Social Media:
How to Burn Fat Faster (WITH 1 TEASPOON OF THIS!)
Get ripped with the best complete meal plan and diet tips here
If you are looking for how to burn fat faster, you have to first realize that nutrition holds no secrets! Despite what some shady marketers will tell you, it's the accumulation of good eating habits that will add up to help you get ripped and stay ripped 365 days a year.
That said, one of the absolute easiest and best ways to give yourself an edge in the fat burning department is to use cinnamon on a daily basis. It has been shown that using just 1 teaspoon of pure cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar) per day can significantly help your body increase your insulin sensitivity, control your blood sugar, and decrease your cravings.
Add these benefits up over time and you can make a fairly significant impact on lowering your body fat levels and burning more fat at rest than you are right now. The key to cinnamon consumption is to realize just how easy and inexpensive it is to obtain the needed amount in your diet. As I show you in this video, you can put it in your morning oats, sprinkle it on yogurt, have it in your coffee or tea, spread it on your sweet potatoes and more.
The key is being consistent with this ingredient and remember again that it is only one key to your plan on how to burn fat faster. If your diet is not good and you are thinking that this one nutrition tip is going to mean the difference between being 15 percent body fat and having a six pack, it's likely not going to happen.
If instead, you focus on eating good whole foods and keeping your nutrition in check while now being sure to add in cinnamon at every opportunity...you'll be impressed with just how easy it is to gain that little extra edge in your fat burning efforts.
If you want a complete meal plan that tells you everything to eat to burn fat fast and build muscle, then head to and get the complete X-Factor meal plan in the ATHLEAN-X program.
For more videos on muscle building and fat burning meal plans as well as recipes and tips to burn fat faster be sure to subscribe to our youtube channel at
10 REAL Ways to Speed Up Weight Loss
These are 10 real ways to speed up weight loss. Learn how to lose weight fast with the fastest methods to burn fat. You'll learn workout & diet plans to lose weight faster than ever.
4 Teas that Enhance Fasting: Scientifically Approved I.F. Beverages
My Special Fan Discount on Four Sigmatic:
Please Subscribe for 3-4x Videos per Week + Live Broadcasts!
4 Teas that Enhance Fasting: Scientifically Approved I.F. Beverages - Thomas DeLauer
Improves Energy & Mood
Contains about 50mg of caffeine per cup - inhibits adenosine and causes the release of dopamine and adrenaline. Also contains methyl xanthine, which stimulates serotonin production levels in your brain
Increased Fat Loss
Caffeine promotes the release of norepinephrine, a key regulator of fatty acid release from fat cells into blood circulation to be burned for energy
Normally, adenosine binds to fat cells and decreases the release of fatty acids - caffeine blocks this inhibitory effect of adenosine on fatty acid release, resulting in greater fat mobilization
Polyphenols, such as theaflavins, are responsible for tea’s antioxidant actions - they inhibit free radical generation, scavenge free radicals, and bind transition metals
Combined with the effects of autophagy = win win
A cup of green tea has roughly 35mg of caffeine
Green tea contains a phytonutrient called EGCG (EGCG is destroyed in black tea during the fermentation process) that increases the hormone CCK (cholecystokinin), which is responsible for creating the feeling of satiation
CCK slows down intestinal motility as it causes food to move more slowly through the intestines - feel full for a longer period of time
CCK also modulates dopaminergic neurotransmission in the brain - it increases the level of dopamine in the brain & stimulates your metabolism by activating thermogenesis
Decaf w/ Ginseng (non-stim)
Ginseng has been found to increase the number of immune cells in the blood - In one study, 227 people got either ginseng or placebo for 12 weeks, and got a flu vaccine after 4 weeks; the number of colds and flu were two-thirds lower in the group that took ginseng
Also been found to reduce inflammation by suppressing the tumor necrosis factor, IL-6, and reduces adipose inflammation
A single dose of ginseng has also been shown to modulate cerebro electrical (EEG) activity - *from what i could gather, excessive EEG activity is bad for memory and, overall, the brain
Regular w/ Lion’s Mane (stim)
Lion’s mane has the ability to stimulate the synthesis of (NGF) Nerve Growth Factor - NGF is necessary to nerve cell survival in the central and peripheral nervous system.
It is is a neuropeptide that helps maintain neurons, which are the cells responsible for helping your brain process and transmit information
Chamomile tea induces relaxation in blood vessels and helps smooth muscle fibers relax - can help prevent spasms and is a sedative and sleep-inducer
Chamomile tea also contains flavonoids, but one of those flavonoids in chamomile tea is called apigenin - apigenin binds to benzodiazepine receptors in the brain
A study published in the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that drinking chamomile tea was associated with a significant increase in urinary levels of hippurate, a breakdown product of certain plant-based compounds known as phenolics, some of which have been associated with increased antibacterial activity
1) Green tea extract thermogenesis-induced weight loss by epigallocatechin gallate inhibition of catechol-O-methyltransferase. - PubMed - NCBI. (n.d.). Retrieved from
2) Chronic Caffeine Alters the Density of Adenosine, Adrenergic, Cholinergic, GABA, and Serotonin Receptors and Calcium Channels in Mouse Brain. (n.d.). Retrieved from
3) Plant polyphenols as dietary antioxidants in human health and disease. (2009, November). Retrieved from
4) How Green Tea Can Help You Lose Weight Naturally. (n.d.). Retrieved from
5) Green tea derivative causes loss of appetite, weight loss in rats - The University of Chicago Medicine. (n.d.). Retrieved from
6) Asian ginseng - Penn State Hershey Medical Center. (n.d.). Retrieved from
7) Lion's Mane - Benefits and Side Effects « Herbs List. (2012, November 26). Retrieved from
8) Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with bright future. (1, November). Retrieved from
9) Chamomile tea: New evidence supports health benefits. (2005, January 4). Retrieved from